Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Babies, Babies, Everywhere and the Cheater Gene

We have so many new babies coming into our lives. I am so excited to see all of them when they are born. Matt and Ashley are due in about six weeks! I cannot believe my Matt is going to have a child--he still hasn't learned that picking your nose and wiping the boogers on others is not acceptable behavior. They will be wonderful parents and I can't wait to see how cute that baby is. Chris and Jane came out with the news yesterday that they are due in March--I knew in July but I also knew that they wanted to keep it secret. I am so happy for them! Brian and Sarah are due on Christmas Day and Bethany and Freddy are brand new pregnant with baby number three. (Theirs is still a secret from the Simmons Family until Beth's cousin has her baby shower.) That is four new babies! What a blessing...

Okay, now about the cheater gene. They have actually found a gene that links men that cheat. I told Bryan I know that he has the cheater gene but that God made him a new creature. Every male on his side of the family (and many of the females) have had affairs and I know my husband well. I think that we have all known that there is a genetic predisposition to cheating--that is obvious when you look at families like his. I wonder if there is a gene for those who marry those with the cheater gene. I think my family may fall into that category.

Last thing. Bryanna is doing well in college. She is so funny--she calls about four times a day (we do not mind at all) and she has already been home for a visit. She is mightily complaining that she spent ten hours outlining a chapter for her anthropology class and then got there and Phil Simmons only spent three hours on his. She also has attracted some males there--one in particular follows her back to her dorm after her class with him. She doesn't mind too much because he is the smart kid in her computer science class that she doesn't understand. She has had one other black young man who asked her out to dinner that she turned down. Jonny was severely disappointed--he believes our family needs more racial variety. He said that he would prefer that Bryanna actually marry an African so that Freddy doesn't feel like the odd man out being the only true hispanic in the field. This from the boy who feels fulfilled when he has his woman in one hand and a tostada in the other.

Of course Jonny is disappointed that he has more English in his blood than Spanish. I just want everyone to know that, for the record, I was the one who broke the rules marrying "out of my race" and Dale broke the rules marrying a good ol' boy. Mom and Dad never minded when we broke the rules but it sure sent shock waves through some of the family.

Congratulations to the baby makers and havers. We can't wait to love your babies with you.

2 comments:

Bryan said...

no cheater gene here babe. men only cheat when they think they have found something better, and so far, no contenders!

I love you

DawnLaurie said...

Bryan, you are so full of crap. So, you think you saved your reputation by saying that? HAHA Just kidding. An elephant's faithful one hundred percent.