Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What Beautiful Feet!

The people of my church have beautiful feet--they do the stuff of the kingdom with no complaining and in a precious way. They have shown me such selfless love and I am so thankful to them. Somehow most of them love me and I just can't get over how God could have put me in a place that has so many wonderful people.

On Sunday we had pastor appreciation. More than anything, I look forward to this day because everyone comes to church (that didn't quite happen this year) and it is better than a family reunion. I love seeing the faces of those who have good intentions of coming to church but don't always make it until it is pastor appreciation Sunday. My sweet (and not so sweet) boys from the old youth group usually try to come home and see us during this time--it is just such a blessing. That means more to me than any gift that we could ever receive. It is a time of catching up and chatting, meeting new friends, and playing volleyball. I so enjoy it every year. We were showered with love and affection and tribute--it truly was a celebration.

We did get to play volleyball, another one of my favorite things about pastor appreciation. Volleyball at church is something to behold. I am the most competitive person out there and, as our friend Jane has blogged in the past, you get to see who is really able to walk in Christian love. I, apparently, cannot. I am never mad at the people on my team (unless Bryan's Uncle Phil plays) but I am incredibly sarcastic and irritable. The men always enjoy hitting my crabby button and I explode at least once. It is still fun and I still play as much as I can even if I scare people away from me. I did call one guy a ball hog and I do believe he left not so happy with me. I will let you know if he ever comes back to church.

For those of you who missed my favorite day of the year, I will forgive. You do owe me a game of volleyball and you have to stay even if I do call you a not so nice name.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

...i thought there was going to be pictures of beautiful feet on this blog. False advertising, I say.

Love,
Bryan

Chris and Jane said...

I don't know. I was sorry to miss Pastor Appreciation; but you're a little scary on the volleyball court. Maybe we could make friendship bracelets or something instead. : )

DawnLaurie said...

Jane, friendship bracelets make me fat. Maybe a friendly game of soccer?

Chris and Jane said...

I kind of enjoy having all of my teeth, and I've heard the stories about soccer.